Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Visa Run-around


240 D.B.T. (Days Before Travel)

Being somewhat rusty to the process of aquiring International Visa's, I have found myself at the beginning again.
Step one: Aquire International visitor and work visa's well in advance to your travels:
So... I started a list of countries and their Embassy contacts. I proceeded to call the Embassies and what I got....were a variety of situations: Some of the contact numbers were disconnected, or would ring forever and ever. The Embassy of Brazil picked up, but the man on the other line kept telling me to go online for the information. As I told the man that I was interested in talking with real people about such mannors, he bluntly told me that he knew nothing about the vistors visa or work visa in Brazil, and that I would find the information online. Granted the man had a point, I was a bit upset that I could not get this type of information from a real person with real facts.

The beast of aquiring Country Visa's, is that it's not always black and white. It takes quite a lot of online research, forms to print and fill out, tons of time, and money. This is not to scare anyone who is reading this, off from getting such visa's, but you must put fourth effort.
PLAN OF ATTACK: To spend my free computer time, looking up as much as I can about each Countries Visa's! Starting with the Most important places that we want to travel, to the least important. As I am a "TO DO" list type of person, I'm going to print out the countries list, and mark them off as I go alone. So the last thing I ask is: Anyone reading this, if you have any other opinions or ways to go about getting visa's, let me know. All support is welcome.

Signing off
~Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment